Trouble shoot, repair, maintain, calibrate, and inspect medical equipment and instrumentation using OEM and Company procedures.
- Diagnose and repair medical equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain documentation on all equipment, inspections, and equipment repairs and failures.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction to customers regarding equipment operation and maintenance.
- Evaluate and assesses readiness of equipment sold to customers by conducting tests, recording test results, and following OEM and company procedures.
- Utilize AIMS software program for service orders, record-keeping, and communication with customers.
- Contact customers through, but not limited to, phone calls and email to communicate necessary details about service.
- Maintains biomedical equipment supplies and parts inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Engage in technical discussions with customers. Respond to requests from customers for information and address any customer questions/complaints.
- Nurture and maintain current relationships with customers through interpersonal communication both through technology and face to face interaction.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Keep informed of new products and testing procedures relevant to the industry.
- Attend company’s registered trade shows, as requested by management.
- Keep management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports.
- Documentation Skills
- Analyzing Information
- Clinical Lab Testing
- Equipment Calibration
- Conceptual Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness
This job operates in a professional office environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as phones, computers, photocopiers, and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully complete the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, and use hands. The employee will need the ability to lift medical equipment and tools necessary for repairs.
Position Type/Expected Hours:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position will require some travel to trade shows and to customer sites.
Required Education and Experience:
- Biomedical Engineering Degree (2 or 4 year)
- 3-5 years minimum technical experience in repairing/servicing equipment
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience with board level repair
- Experience with Philips or GE medical equipment
- Experience in customer service
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Activities, duties, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.